Queen’s North Hawai’i Community Hospital is now offering the Pfizer bivalent booster for those 12 years and older who have already completed their primary COVID vaccination series.
The updated COVID-19 booster was formulated to better protect against the most recently circulating COVID-19 variant. The new booster can help restore protection that has waned since previous vaccinations and was designed to provide broader protection against newer variants.
The bivalent vaccine is only for a booster dose and is not approved for the primary series or supplemental dose for the immunocompromised. People are eligible for the bivalent booster two months after their last COVID vaccine dose.
Regular COVID-19 vaccinations continue to be available for adults as well as children as young as six months.
COVID vaccinations are provided by appointment only at the QNHCH Vaccination Clinic every Wednesday, 11 am – 3 pm. The QNHCH COVID-19 Vaccination Clinic is located in the annex on the south side of hospital campus near the emergency room. Those under age 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
To make an appointment, please call 808-881-4668 or email QNHCHvaccine@queens.org.
- Please arrive no earlier than 15 minutes prior to appointment.
- If you are receiving a booster, your previous vaccination card is required.
- Masks are required for adults and children over two years.
- All children receiving vaccines must be accompanied by their parent or legal guardian.
- Children should be in comfortable, loose clothing – for children under 2 years, the vaccine is given in the upper thigh.
All patients will be monitored for side effects for a minimum of 15 minutes after receiving the COVID-19 vaccine.