Frequently Asked Questions

How do I establish care with the Outpatient Clinic?

You will need to complete a Patient Release of Medical Records Form. This form will request your medical records from your previous physician to be sent to the Outpatient Clinic. Once your medical records are received, the physician you choose to see will review your records. A clinic staff member will then call you to schedule an appointment to establish care. Please note that the physician may choose to refer you to another clinic/facility if your health care needs may be more appropriate at a different location.

Download Molokai General Hospital Patient Release of Medical Records Form

What do I need to bring to my appointment?

Please bring the following to your appointment:

  • Photo ID
  • Current insurance card(s)
  • Co-payment(s), if required by your insurance
  • Tests results/films that have been requested by us
  • Past medical records that you feel are applicable to your health

How do I make an appointment to see a specialist?

Most specialists require a referral from your Primary Care Physician (PCP). Your PCP will provide the specialist with information regarding your diagnosis and also arrange insurance authorizations that may be required.

What should I do if your office is closed and I need medical care?

If you are experiencing what you believe is a medical emergency, please call 9-1-1 or go the closest hospital Emergency Department. To page the on-call provider after-hours for urgent matters, please call our Emergency Department at 808-553-3141.

When can I get the Shingles vaccine (Zostavax)?

Most insurance plan will provide this benefit to patients over 50 years of age. If you have a Medicare Part D plan, your physician will need to call the prescription in to your pharmacy of choice where they will administer the vaccine to you.

Do I have to pay my co-payment in order to be seen?

No, care will be provided to you with or without a co-payment. We appreciate co-payments made on the day of service as this helps to decrease organizational costs in processing your statements. Additionally, up-front co-payments complete your payment obligations faster.

How long do I need to fast for lab tests that require me to be fasting?

With certain blood tests, you may be instructed to fast for up to eight hours.

What do I do if my prescription runs out before my next office visit?

Please contact our office if you do not have additional refills remaining on your prescriptions. You may be due for routine lab tests and/or a follow-up appointment if refills are needed.

How long does it take to process a prescription refill request?

Please allow us 2-3 business days to process your requests. We will do our best to accommodate urgent requests.

Is there a penalty or fee for missed or cancelled appointments?

No, we appreciate calls to cancel or reschedule appointments at least 24 hours prior to your scheduled appointment time. This will allow us to accommodate other patients who need to be seen.

What do I need to do to transfer my medical records to a different doctor’s office?

A Patient Request for Medical Records Form must be completed and submitted to us. Your medical records will be sent to the requested office via fax or mail.

Download Molokai General Hospital Patient Release of Medical Records Form

What do I need to do to request copies of my medical records?

Fill out Medical Records Release Form or make a request by phone, by mail or in person for your records to be sent to you. Some requests require a verification process to identify that you are the correct person requesting the record. Personal copy fee charges will apply. Copies requested by another physician or facility involved in your care will be sent free of charge.

Download Molokai General Hospital Patient Release of Medical Records Form

Who can sign a Release of Medical Information form?

Parents and legal guardians of minors, age 17 years old and below can request copies of medical records for their child. For adults age 18 years old and above, the patient and/or legal representative may sign to request copies medical records. For legal representatives, please provide valid legal documents.