We're Improving Patient Safety
Aloha! Welcome to The Queen’s Health System. Our highest priority is your safety and well-being.
Starting August 7, 2021, we will be implementing a new process to take a current photo of you to add to your medical record. These patient photos will assist in identifying you before and after your visit.
This photo is considered protected health information and will not be stored on a device or shared without your permission.
Adding a photo to your medical record help us to:
- Increase patient safety – it adds another way to identify you during your visit
- Prevent healthcare fraud – we can better ensure that no one else tries to use your information or medical insurance to seek medical care
Acceptable forms of identification:
- Driver’s license
- State ID
- Government issued ID
- Student ID (for minors age 17 and below)
The Queen’s Health System is improving ways to increase patient safety. Patient photos will assist in identifying you before and after your visit.
Yes, however it will only be shared as required or allowed by state or federal law.
Patient photos is considered Protected Health Information (PHI) and will be securely stored in the electronic record.
Patient photos will be available for viewing on MyChart. If you would like a new photo, we will be happy to retake it during your next visit.
Registration will be happy to assist you in signing up.
No, patients will not be able to submit their own photos.
Registration will take photos during the check-in process.
No. However, we strongly encourage patients to get their photos taken by our QHS staff to support identity verification, which will also aid the hospital in the potential fraudulent use of healthcare benefits.
- The Queen’s Medical Center & The Queen’s Medical Center – West O‘ahu: 808-691-4960
- The Queen’s North Hawai‘i Community Hospital: 808-881-4601
- Molokai General Hosptial: 808-553-3129