HONOLULU – The Queen’s Health System (QHS) announced today that it is opening a full-service pharmacy located at The Queen’s Medical Center – West O’ahu.
Conveniently located at the Physicians Office Building West, Suite 106, the pharmacy will be staffed with an experienced team of professionals providing services which include:
- Prescription refills
- 24/7 phone refills
- Over-the-counter medications
- Vaccinations (11 years & older)
- Diabetes education
- Free blood pressure checks
- Appointment-based medication synchronization (all of a patient’s prescriptions are synchronized to be refilled on the same day of the month, eliminating the need for separate call-ins and pick-ups, saving the patient time and improving adherence)
- Medication therapy & adherence management (a comprehensive review of medications with a pharmacist to ensure patients are taking their medications as prescribed, as well as whether they should continue to take a prescribed medication).
- Free blister packaging for medication adherence (preformed packaging of multiple medications)
The opening of the pharmacy signals another step forward in growing Queen’s reach to the communities it serves. “It is critical to support our providers and their patients with access to much needed services in their community, helping to keep the West Oahu community healthy,” said Bernadette Merlino, Vice President for Ambulatory Care at Queen’s. In addition, Queen’s previously announced it will open a clinic in Ocean Pointe that will serve the community by providing primary and urgent care, imaging and physical therapy. The clinic is projected to open Summer 2020.
Queen’s also recently expanded services at its West O’ahu campus to include Ear, Nose, and Throat, Orthopedics, and Primary Care. In January 2020, the hospital is expected to increase its bed capacity from the current 80 licensed beds to a total of 104 beds. “These additional services are just the start of a multi-year expansion plan to provide care and resources to elevate the health of the entire West community,” said Susan Murray, Senior Vice President and Chief Operating Officer of QMC – West O’ahu.
The pharmacy will be open Monday-Friday 8:30 am-5:30 pm and Saturday 8:30 am-5:00 pm. A grand opening, scheduled for December 2, will launch new normal hours of Monday-Friday 8:30 am-8:30 pm and Saturday 8:30 am-5:00 pm. Most insurance plans are accepted. Free parking is available.