Ambulatory Community Physicians
Queen’s offers Epic’s Electronic Health Record (EHR) and Practice Management system to private practice physicians as a Queen’s-branded product and service called Queen’s Connect
Queen’s Connect is an affordable, integrated, HIPAA-compliant EHR based on The Queen’s Health System and independent practices sharing a single EHR for easy access to essential patient information.
Physicians have access to patient’s clinical chart, which is especially useful when seeing patients on a referral basis or to view labs and imaging reports that have not been ordered by your office. Private physicians still maintain practice autonomy through complete separation of their financial data from other practices.
Epic is considered the most advanced, fully integrated electronic health record on the market today. Their products regularly receive high ratings in independent industry surveys measuring customer satisfaction and product functionality. Epic is the #1 Overall Software Vendor by KLAS and is recognized by the Joint Commission/National Quality Forum and CHIME for their use in initiatives to improve patient care.
Functionalities that are offered include:
- Professional billing or interface with Akamai Billing or TeamPraxis Billing
- Seamless integration between registration, scheduling, clinical documentation and billing
- DLS Lab and Queen’s Radiology results are automatically available in the patient’s record upon completion with no purchase or added cost of maintenance
- Access to QHS Clinical Data results for services provided at Queen’s, including cardiology and other ambulatory services
- E-prescribing capabilities
- Standard Reports Library
- Point of service scanning
- Shared patient-level demographics, reducing time spent registering a new patient for your practice
- Up-to-date specialty templates streamlined for ease of documenting patient encounters
- Procedure charges triggered by documenting point of care testing, reducing manual charge entry; your practice’s billing and charge data is kept private
- Integration with MyChart, Queen’s patient portal, to increase patients’ involvement in their own care
- Implementation build and support
- Onsite implementation and go-live training and support during the initial week
- Standard helpdesk telephone support for Epic application software, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. All helpdesk support is based in Hawaii
- Epic system documentation and usage guidelines
- All software upgrades performed at no additional charge
- Ability to create real-time reports to search for patient information and other transactions
Stark rules currently allow hospitals to subsidize the cost of certain components of electronic health record technology implementation. Queen’s can offer this service at a discount which includes software license, installation, training, implementation and ongoing support. This EHR meets all HIPAA privacy and security requirements. Not covered in the base fee are physician office equipment (such as desktops, laptop, scanners, printers), broadband connections and physician office staff to support the implementation and long-term operation of the system.
If you are a private practice physician seeking a reliable, affordable electronic medical record system to integrate into your medical practice, consider Queen’s Connect. For more information or to schedule a demo, please provide your information below and a member of our team will contact you.