Whether you are acutely ill, temporarily disabled or require long-term care, your physician may order home health care services to assist in your recovery. Home health care services may include one or more of the following services:
- Skilled nursing visits for observation and assessment of your health status, diabetic teaching, assistance with intravenous therapy, colostomy and wound care, nebulizer treatments, etc.
- Physical therapist visits for evaluation, assistance with ambulation, gait-training, and strengthening program.
- Occupational therapist visits for evaluation of home safety, training in activities of daily living, and adaptive equipment.
- Medical social worker visits for assessment, financial assistance, emotional counseling, placement assistance, and referral to community resources.
- Speech/ language therapists to assist with problems related to speech/swallowing, and cognitive development.
- Home health aide visits for assistance with personal care and bathing.
Kohala Home Health Care is one of the home health agencies that you may select. Kohala Home Health Care is part of North Hawaii Community Hospital and is a Medicare/Medicaid certified home care agency. Please contact Kohala Home Health Care by calling 808-881-4711.