Queen's Medical Group
Queen’s Medical Group is a multispecialty group of employed physicians at The Queen’s Medical Center – Punchbowl, The Queen’s Medical Center – West Oahu and The Queen’s Health Care Centers.
Founded in 2012, the Queen’s Medical Group’s vision is to be the preeminent medical group of the Pacific, leading the delivery of high quality, compassionate patient care that is continually advancing through education and research.
Our core principles include:
- Striving for clinical excellence with a focus on patient-centered care;
- Creating a culture of respect, accountability and collaboration; and
- Operating to maintain financial sustainability.
Also a member group of the Queen’s Clinically Integrated Physician Network (QCIPN), the Queen’s Medical Group (QMG) consists of more than 200 physicians in 17 subspecialties, including hospital-based and primary care. QMG serves The Queen’s Health System’s mission by caring for patients in our hospitals, health care centers and in the community at-large, and by leading in education and research.
The Queen’s Medical Group Physician
The key qualities of a QMG physician are a highly competent, teaching-oriented practitioner who seeks to provide mission-based care to high acuity patients. A QMG physician is one who works collaboratively with colleagues in a wide range of specialties to deliver patient care that is second to none. Able to respond to and give constructive criticism, the QMG physician is accountable for his or her actions, and strives for clinical excellence.
As Hawaii’s preeminent hospital, The Queen’s Medical Center offers the greatest breadth and depth of teaching opportunities in the state for medical students, residents and fellows. The hospital serves as a clinical training site for residency programs sponsored by the John A. Burns School of Medicine at the University of Hawaii.
High Quality Patient Care
The Queen’s Health System is anchored by The Queen’s Medical Center. As Hawaii’s health care leader, Queen’s is recognized for the following achievements:
- The first and only hospital in Hawaii to achieve Magnet Recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC).
- The state’s designated trauma center, verified as Level I by the American College of Surgeons.
- Named by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals as a Best Regional Hospital; nationally ranked in five Adult Specialties; and High Performing in 12 Specialties and Clinical Conditions.
- A certified member of MD Anderson Cancer Network to advance the level of cancer care in Hawaii. The network is a program of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center.
- The first and only hospital in Hawaii to form a collaboration with the Johns Hopkins Armstrong Institute to advance patient safety and quality.
- The Leapfrog Group has awarded The Queen’s Medical Center and The Queen’s Medical Center – West Oahu A grades for patient safety.
The Queen’s Medical Center is a pioneer in Hawai‘i for advanced care at Queen’s Heart (TAVR); the Head & Neck Institute (advanced reconstruction surgery); Neuroscience Institute (TJC-certified comprehensive Stroke Center); Orthopedic and Spine Center (TJC advanced certification in Total Hip and Total Knee); and the Queen’s Transplant Center (the only one in Hawai‘i).
Learn more about awards and recognitions.
Support for Physicians
Queen’s offers extensive support for physicians, including:
- Magnet-recognized Nursing Staff
- Case Management and Social Work
- PICC/IV Team
- Interventional Radiology
- Diabetes Education Team
- Heart Failure Team
- Fragility Fracture Team
- Complementary and Alternative Therapies
Queen’s Medical Group Leadership Team
Whitney Limm, MD
Executive Vice President, Clinical Integration and Chief Physician Executive
Kuo-Chiang Lian, MD
Medical Director, QMG and Medical Director, Hospitalist Program
Director, System Physician Group Practice & Clinical Integration
Director, Fiscal Services Clinical Integration
Director, Group Practice & Physician Recruitment/Retention
The Queen’s Medical Group leadership team oversees physician recruitment and coordinates with service lines regarding physician staffing and program development and strategy. QMG is governed by the QMG Executive Committee, consisting of elected physician members with subcommittees that include Compensation, Quality, Education, and Culture & Wellness.
Members of QMG are employees of The Queen’s Medical Center, with standard employee benefits encompassing retirement, health/dental/vision, and insurance, along with an additional CME allotment for professional development. We invite you to learn more about employment opportunities for physicians with The Queen’s Health System.
Queen’s Medical Group Culture
Our physicians put Patients First, embrace an environment of ohana, or family, and work together as one team in a collaborative, respectful and compassionate way.